In today’s world, with massive portion sizes served everywhere around us, it is very easy to gain weight. The pounds creep up very fast and losing weight can be a challenge when we are surrounded by unhealthy options all the time.
The microwave generation we live in today, everyone wants to get quick fix results and that is true with losing weight as well. But there is strong evidence that if you lose 1-2 lbs/week steadily, you will have more success keeping off the lost weight. I say this from my personal experience helping hundreds of clients successfully lose weight and keep it off.
The good news is that losing even a small amount of weight (about 5-10%) can benefit your health. You can see great improvement in your blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol.
The key to successful weight loss is a commitment to making permanent changes in your diet and exercise habits. It is about lifestyle change because there is no quick fix diet.
Here are few tips
- Set realistic goals. Eat the elephant one bite at a time. Set small goals which over a period of time will grow into big ones.
- Put an end to emotional eating. Don’t eat when you are lonely, stressed, angry or to reward yourself
- Be intuned when you are eating. Avoid distractions like TV, smart phone. Stop before you are completely full.
- Eat a variety of foods but fill yourself with fruits, veggies and wholegrain
- Make healthy lifestyle changes. Exercise atleast 30 minutes daily. Turn off the TV. Get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.